Tuesday, March 15, 2011

T-Shirt #2: Flailceratops + More News

Zak's given permission for me to make a limited edition Flailceratops shirt.

There'll be a bit more to it (name + stats; I'll post the full design when it's ready, but finishing up the book comes first), but it'll be a basic one-sided black print on white shirt design. I just didn't have a choice - this thing's a frickin Paladin of representing everything Good and Awesome about our hobby! - that something more had to be done with him than just being a bit player in the Vornheim book. I want to wear this guy around town.

I believe pre-orders for everything will start April 2. (April 1 is a horrible day to start it, and for accounting reasons March is bad...) The books should (*cross fingers*) already be at the printers by then.

This does mean that Gothcon (in Gothenburg, Sweden) just may be, depending on the printer getting things done in time, the world premiere of the Grindhouse Edition and Vornheim: The Complete City Kit.

The shirts, both the Zak and Amos designs, will only be up for ONE WEEK before I take it down and put the order in to the T-shirt people. Only enough to fill the orders (plus mine and the artists') will be made.

PS.

Just got a CD order in from PsycheDOOMelic... included was the new Orchid album, Capricorn, on The Church Within Records. It reminds me in some ways of what I'm doing here. The sound of the band is right out of the 70s and very traditional, but the packaging is just superb. It's the most beautiful thing I've seen in ages - 8 panel hardcover digipak plus booklet and CD sleeve. They're selling an entire package rather than just sound on a disc. (plus there's an even swankier limited edition on the way... amazing) I've just had my first listen-through... thumbs way, way up.

Also arriving were Briton Rites' For Mircalla, an album based on Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla, the Hammer films The Vampire Lovers, Lust for a Vampire, and Twins of Evil... and Isen Torr's Mighty and Superior ("Dedicated to the Memory of Robert E. Howard")...

HEAVY METAL MAYHEM!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy monster consept, reminds me of the weird monster consepts of David A. Hargrave's Arduin that I have seen posted on some gaming blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to don that design.

    Call the Brotherhood together, they will decide
    Who is to live, and who is to die!
    That Briton Rites stuff is great.
    Dude, you check out Mael Mordha yet or Mourning Beloveth?

    ReplyDelete